The Alliance Spotlight is on Delia Latham
Visit the original back cover summaries here.
Next week starts a whole new Clash of the Leading Ladies with hostess Michelle Massaro.
- A good book always leaves the reader wishing for more, therefore I would have to say I appreciate a series more.
- The back cover makes me want to find out everything I can about Ocilla and her world.
- I enjoy stand alones, but confess that I read more series, but that may be largely because of how popular they are in my favored genres. What's more, it seems these days even if it's "stand alone" many writers continue with more books.
- What do I feel? Curious, excited, and impatient. I want to start reading the whole book.
- I feel pulled into the story already. I wish I could describe it more eloquently, but the words and the way its described really connected with something deeper. I'm curious who this person is and how she will do overcome the "dark soul" and if she will recover her memories.
- Ryan - I like series and Trilogies, BUT each novel should have a stand alone feel to it. If you start the second book in a trilogy, the reader shouldn't feel completely lost, and I hate cliffhangers! Diane - I feel deja vu :)
- The back cover blurb enchants me with promise of mystery and intrigue and heroism. I love the challenge and the quest Ocilla faces!
- AHHHH!!!! I want to know who she is!! lol!!
- I got a chill, Diane. It always does it to me!
- I feel eager to read more about these five kingdoms, more about Ocilla's purpose, and more about the significance of her name. Kara
What makes a kicking Back Cover Summary? I asked some experts. Greta is an editor who worked on my newest mystery. She had some great ideas for the blurb that accompanies my story. I also asked Linda Glaz, Hartline Literary Agent, for her professional opinion.
Greta Gunselman, Editor
Linda Glaz, Agent
• A blurb is not a summary, but a teaser
• Every blurb needs a killer opening
• A teaser still needs a good foundation that includes time period as relevant to genre, major players and their challenges, motivations, and goals
• Emotions that tug a reader’s heartstrings and create empathy
Congratulations, and thank you for joining our Clash of the Back Cover Summaries! See you next week.